Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Diversions... already

My goal is to lose weight. We've established this, right?
It's amazing how even on Day ONE, there can be diversions.
I am putting a lot on myself right now because I am unhappy. Unhappy with life in general. But taking a pro-active approach. Weight is right up there with the big ones that I HAVE to change.

BUT, I'm doing a lot more than just trying to lose weight. I'm finishing Graduate school. I've quit smoking. I'm reducing alcohol intake. I'm looking for a job. I've put my one year on in PlayCare, three days a week for three hours a day - to give me more time to do the above things (work out, apply and interview for jobs, go to school).

And my relationship is in an icky place. I asked him yesterday to move out for a bit. Nothing permanent, nothing FOREVER, nothing big. Just some time for us to take a break and get perspective. While we look for counseling options.

Yeah, there's a lot going on.

I don't necessarily want this blog to turn into a rant or ramble about my relationship problems, but I suppose I do have to be honest with myself that there is a lot going on. I have to remain proactive, wake up each day with Goals, little things I can accomplish EACH day, so I feel like I'm succeeding... cause otherwise, it'd be pretty easy to curl up in a little ball under my desk and just hide from life.

I can't do that. No hiding. Embrace! Impower! Change! Make things better! For you, and most definitely, for the little man.

It's day two. I'm working on it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment